East Hampton Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Welcome to Softball 101!
Camp Coordinator, Jenna DeMartino
The camp coordinator is Jenna DeMartino. Jenna has a background in playing varsity softball at East Hampton High School. This camp will be giving children an insight into the fundamentals of softball! Each day at camp will have a fundamental focus and will practice a skill of softball such as hitting, fielding, catching, pitching, and more!
The camp will run from Monday, July 26th - Friday, July 30th from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM.
WHAT TO BRING:
If your child has any of the following please be prepared to bring them to camp!
1. Softball glove
2. Softball bat
3. Batting helmet
Monday - Fundamental Overview
- Children will review throwing mechanics, base running, fielding, hitting, etc.,
Tuesday - Pitching / Fielding Instruction
- Children who are interested in pitching will get guidance on how to pitch
- Other children will work on developing proper fielding mechanics by taking part in fielding drills
Wednesday - Catching / Outfield Instruction
- Children who are interested in catching will receive instruction on how to be a catcher
- Other children will work on developing proper outfield mechanics by taking part in outfield drills
Thursday - Hitting Fundamentals
- Children will receive an overview of hitting by taking part in multiple hitting drills
Friday - Scrimmage!! *adult pitch*
-The children will take what they have learned and compete in a scrimmage against each other!
Softball 101 is for children going into grades 3-5 and costs $75.00 to attend for a whole week!